Anke Salomie Theron
Education | Opvoeding
2017 MA (Dissertation) – University of Cape Town (UCT)
Title of dissertation: ‘n Ondersoek na die rol van die “verwonde” kind in die werk van enkele kinder- en jeugverhaal skrywers in navolging van Alice Miller/ An investigation of the role of the “wounded” child in selected children’s and youth literature authors in following of Alice Miller.
2014 BA (Hons.) – UCT (Degree awarded with distinction)
Research essay/project: Children’s literature with a focus on development theory and poetry.
2013 PGCE (Senior & FET Phase) – UCT
Specialist subjects: Afrikaans, English and Geography.
2012 BA – UCT
Majoring in Afrikaans & Netherlandic Studies and English Language & Literatures
2009 Grade 12 – Zwaanswyk High School (Distinctions in Afrikaans & English)
Short Courses | Kort Kursusse
2018 Oakley House Training & Support Centre – Online Reader & Scribe Course
2017 South African Sign Language Course: Level 1 – UCT
Work Experience | Ondervinding
2018 – Present: Tutoring Additional Afrikaans in Faculty of Health Sciences:
Tutoring group classes and providing additional support to students, additional to main lectures and coursework. (SLL1004S, SLL2002H, SLL1048H)
2018 – Present: Teaching SLL3115: Afrikaans Communication for Educators:
Teaching Afrikaans as a communication skill and contributed to curriculum development throughout.
2018 – Present: Scribing (Afrikaans) – UCT Disability Services:
Scribing and reading for a second-year student with Autism during his Afrikaans exams at UCT.
2018 – Present: Reading & Scribing (Afrikaans & English) – Oakley House High School:
Scribing for learners from gr.8 – gr. 10 that have various different types of concessions during exams.
2017 – Present: Translations and Editing:
I have translated and edited transcripts, questionnaires, articles, posters and notice boards for various clients.
2014 – Present: LitNet: Children’s literature reviews. www.litnet.co.za
2015 – Present: Part time Lecturer – UCT:
Lecturing and examining various Afrikaans Communication Skills courses within the Faculty of Health Sciences (MBChB, Physio & Occupational Therapy).
2014 – 2015: Tutoring at TeachMe2 (High School tutoring):
Tutoring Afrikaans FET to gr.10 – gr.12 learners.
2012 – 2015: Administrative work & data capturing:
Done general admin and data capturing within the Faculty of Humanities’ Undergraduate Office during registration periods from 2012 to 2015. Assisted with data capturing UCT’s NSFAS office’s data to the national database during December 2013.
2012: Tutoring (part time): EGS1004S course – UCT
Achievements | Prestasies
2015 – 2016 Harry Crossley Research Fellow (Harry Crossley Research Foundation)
2011 Dean’s Merit List & Class Medal – Afrikaans III B
2009 Dux student at Zwaanswyk High School
Skills | Vaardighede
- Administrative & organisation skills: General admin and organisation skills due to undergraduate part time work in Faculty Offices and during registration periods.
- Teaching skills: I have been teaching and facilitating various courses within the Afrikaans Section. Mainly Health Sciences communication courses and Education communication courses.
- Interpersonal skills: Good interpersonal skills due to good working relationships with colleagues in Afrikaans section and Health Science departments. Generally, maintain good relationships with students.
- Technology: Good with general MS Office software. Basic skills with Adobe Audition and Premiere for audio and visual projects.
- Language skills: Fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English: reading, speaking and writing excellent.
- Research skills: Intermediate skills after successful completion of research masters. Improving research skills with the goal of registering for a PhD in literature.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my CV / resume. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
Dankie dat u die tyd geneem het om deur my CV te lees. Kontak my gerus indien u enige navrae het.